Monday, January 25, 2010

“The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”


Yeah, the new one. Call me crazy, I like it. Why? Well I’ll tell you if you just shut up. It’s terrifying. Usually slashers don’t really scare me. Human beings aren’t scary. You can handle a guy with a knife. Chainsaw’s a littler harder but it’s still a physical person. However, in “Chainsaw” Leatherface wasn’t one person. He was more of a town. What made it horrifying, wasn’t the fact that he used your boyfriends face as a mask, it was the fact that these kids were doing everything you would have done. In normal slashers you yell at the screen screaming, “DON’T GO IN THERE YOU MORON! RUN THE OTHER WAY!” Well, these kids WOULD run the other way. They’d go out the door instead of up the stairs. They’d fight back. They’d run for help. They’d do it all and still get killed. Sure, it didn’t help that the Sheriff was freaking evil along with the rest of the hillbilly town. But these kids weren’t getting a single break. You basically had to calm down and accept the fact that these people were going to turn you over to Leatherface and let him kill you and take your skin ’cause he didn’t like his. It did what it set out to do which was to scare. However, if I’m going to be fair about my grades I have to say it’s not among the best movies, just among my personal favorites. (There’s a huge difference between good movies and favorite movies, though often they overlap.)

No comments:

Post a Comment