Monday, January 25, 2010

Better Than Donny


“The Butterfly Effect”

Freaking brilliant. It kept you on your toes the whole time. The beginning was so violent! Yet at the end all the violence made perfect sense. It wasn’t there just for the fun of it. Ashton Kutcher (Evan) stepped into a roll that actually benefited America. I liked Amy Smart (Kayleigh) in “Rat Race” so I was happy to see her in another movie. When it was over I felt like I’ve been on a roller coaster ride -- and not in a cliché way! It’s like something you can’t explain, you have to experience it. I don’t want to ruin it so I can’t say a thing! A. I hear that same law applies to “The Usual Suspects.”
A note from 1/21/10. I saw “Donny Darko” about a year ago and I had to compare the similarities. I like “Butterfly Effect” better except the titles. “The Butterfly Effect” sounds too lame. “Donny Darko” sounds awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment