Monday, January 25, 2010

“Moulin Rouge”

Holy cow! Why isn’t every movie like this? Singing, dancing, loving! Oh, what fun. Satine the whore and Christian the poor writer fall in love despite their obstacles, namely the Duke. Ewan McGregor plays Christian and I can’t believe he didn’t receive Best Actor for this one. Boy can sing! I couldn’t take my eyes off him. I couldn’t breathe when he was on the screen. Nicole Kidman got a nomination for best actress for this movie. I thought she was better in The Others and should have gotten nominated for that instead. I didn’t like her in this. But oh well, I, freaking, love this movie. It’s sad, but not the entire time! Throughout most the movie there is a smile on the audience’s faces. You feel the love Christian has for Satine. You feel his despair at the end when he’s about to lose everything. This movie makes you feel so many emotions. Plus, it’s my favorite soundtrack of all time.





No comments:

Post a Comment