Monday, January 25, 2010

"The Mummy Returns" & "The Virgin Suicides"





“The Mummy Returns”

LAME and boring. 

“The Virgin Suicides”

First I would like to point out that I have no idea why this movie was rated R. Thank you. Now to get down to it, I read the book first and it was a nice, interesting book. I’m not that much of a book critic right now but when it comes to movies, oh boy. So, my critic of The Virgin Suicides is as such: boring. Here’s the main reason why this conclusion is made fact, NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! Why do we care about these characters? Oh that’s right, WE DON’T! Kirsten Dunst’s character, Lux, was supposed to be the most interesting and I was only annoyed every time she was on the screen. The acting was atrocious from everyone involved except a few. To name some of these few James Woods was excellent as Mr. Lisbon. Danny DeVito was just fine as I remember. Josh Hartnett was great but over all it would be hard to get into your character when there is ABSOLUTLY NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!? The writer’s of “The Mummy” should have handled this one. The movie followed the book very well, only… (with no shame in repeating myself) there was no character development. (It did talk about death a lot... so that was fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment