Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Invention of Offensive Movies

The Invention of Lying is a nice enough idea, and has a nice enough cast, (fantastic, actually,) but it's so offensive that... well, to put it nicely... I kinda hate this movie.

Parts were clever, like the Coke and Pepsi ads. And the premise of a world without lies, was really quite fun. But it went too far, and the opening scene was absolutely disgusting. You know those movies that are disgusting but think they're shocking you into laughing? Nooo, not the ones that are actually funny, the ones that try really hard to be like the ones that are funny. Yeah, those.

The one and only complaint about the acting I have regards Jennifer Garner, who I usually like. In this she played her super shallow character as... well... super shallow. I could not, for the life of me, figure out why anyone would want to be around her.

It was an interesting movie, but dull and obnoxious. I suggest you do what I did up until a few days ago, and PASS on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment