Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Lone Ranger

Starring "The Social Network"'s Armie Hammer, Johnny Depp, and Helena Bonham-Carter. "The Lone Ranger" is pretty much "The Mark of Zorro," AND "The Legend of Zorro" combined. (Well, there's a kid in it, so it's kinda like the latter.)

But what's wrong with that? Nothing.

The movie was fun. Johnny Depp was not Jack Sparrow again, (not that there's anything wrong with that either.) And, best of all, Helena Bonham-Carter was in it. She is so fabulous. Not only is her acting incredible, but she's also just so damn interesting. It's as if she's the embodiment of this part of me, a part that I really, really like, like, the coolest part of me. It's like I'm Edward Norton in "Fight Club" and she's my Tyler Durden. It's like that. It's a lot like that.

Well, except I don't need to get beat up in order to sleep at night.... Well, I actually haven't tried it.

Was this a post about "Fight Club?" or "The Lone Ranger?"

It doesn't matter. I'm done.

Okay wait, I'm not done. Helena Bonham-Carter plays the role nearly every Western includes, AKA: The prostitute with a heart of gold. Oh, you don't think your typical Western includes a prostitute with a heart of gold? Well, you're wrong! Maybe try keeping your eyes open at the movies, people! Even "Gone with the Wind" has one!

Okay. Now I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment