Friday, December 27, 2013

The 12 Dates of Christmas/Ephraim's Rescue

So late Christmas night, after seeing The Hobbit, we wanted to watch something. We started watching "Ephraim's Rescue" but then we had to stop it, because of me.

I can barely handle depressing parts of movies, and "Ephraim's Rescue" is all about the rescue of the Martin Hardcart Company. (If you know your Mormon history, you know that these people suffered some desperate times. My husband is a decedent of survivors, in fact.) So the movie reached a point where I just was too emotionally exhausted after watching "The Hobbit" to handle it.

So instead, we turned on the light and fluffy "12 Dates of Christmas." I love Amy Smart. She's not the best actress, but she amuses me. And I didn't even recognize the "Save by the Bell" star until my husband pointed him out. He was delightful!

While this isn't the best Christmas movie ever, (because we all know what IS the best Christmas movie ever,) it was just what I needed.

Amy Smart's step-mother sets her up on a blind date Christmas Eve, but Amy Smart is still stuck on her ex-boyfriend. Does she ruin her chances with the blind date? Well, she repeats the same day 12 times in a row, in hopes that she can make things right, and change herself in the mean time.

It's kind of like "Groundhog's Day." Did you read my "Groundhog's Day" post? If you haven't seen that movie, you really should.

And if you've seen too many depressing or violent movies this holiday season, perhaps try Netflixing something a little less intense, and a little more nonsensical.

No comments:

Post a Comment