Sunday, November 24, 2013

Catching Fire, or Hunger Games II: Still Hungry, or Hungry Hungry Katniss

I love Peeta's "I'm too hot for you, silly President" expression.
Well, I loved it. And I kind of loved seeing it with the "non-believers" two days after it came out, because I'd hear this, "OH MY GOSH!" coming from the right side of the theater when something unexpected happened. I had JUST re-re-read the book, so NOTHING SURPRISED ME. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Except, I still had little happy surprises. SPOILER: When Plutarch Heavensbee leaves President Snow right after Katniss and Johanna take the wire down to the beach, I know he's not coming back, and I LOVED KNOWING
! MUAHAHAHA! But, I loved that little added part.

I'm glad they gave these movies some money because the casting is DEAD ON. The actors look EXACTLY like how I pictured them in the books, (well, almost.) But, unlike so many books-gone-movies, the acting actually is good.

Well, okay, SOME of the Harry Potter actors are good, and... one of the Twilight actors... yeah, that's about right.

I loved being able to see the end, or the almost end, because that part of the book is very fussy because Katniss isn't entirely coherent and it leaves you thinking, "Uh... what just happened? Is Johanna crazy?"

Well, she IS, but you know what I mean.

You should go see it. It doesn't matter if you read the book before or after you see it. You should do both, but in whatever order you choose. I'm a little surprised you've read THIS, but you haven't read Catching Fire. Seriously people.

No comments:

Post a Comment