Monday, December 19, 2011

How I Spent My Monday

I recently started a new job, and even more recently I started another. But today I took the time and energy to do something BESIDES work.

I went and saw Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows.

I was pleasantly surprised by a NEW Dark Knight Rises trailer. Which looks incredible. If it weren't for Anne Hathaway this might be the best movie ever. After that they gave us a The Hunger Games preview, which we're not going to say no to, but we've seen. It was still awesome and worrisome at the same time.

Then the movie started. It was great. What's weird is that I neither like it less nor like it more than Sherlock Holmes I. I like it exactly the same. Unfortunately, I didn't blog about the first one since it came out in 2009, and I started this afterwards. Isn't that strange?

Well, here's what seeing a Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows is like. It's like James Bond, (specifically Quantum of Solace,) meets Iron Man, Enemy at the Gates, Mean Girls, and Ever After, during the turn of the century, (LAST century, not THIS century,) with ridiculously cool music, snazzy special effects, and a few cutesy, non-avoidable, sequel forms.

Our villain, Jared Harris, was uber creepy. He was like Hannibal Lecter creepy.

Robert Downey Jr. would do this new thing, where he would turn around quickly and stand straight right before he went into a deep thought/realization thing. I liked it. It seemed to bring character and purpose to the moment.

Parts were predictable, (because I'm a movie genius,) and parts were not.

No comments:

Post a Comment