Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Did you know the word "wimp" stems from the "wimple" worn by nuns or other women back in the day? That's right. To call someone "wimpy," is to say, "you wear a wimple." Or, "You are a woman." So, the term is essentially misogynistic. Just thought you might want to know. Anyway, you know and I know that most words now-a-days are completely relieved of all previous meanings.

Bigger anyway, you know how some kid movies are really fantastic movies? Well, Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a fantastic kid movie, and remains so in its genre. While retaining children's movies' predictability, the movie is stuffed with cuteness. The best friend, (bare with me it's been a while since I've seen it,) is ADORABLE. He's easily the best liked character in the entire movie. The rest of movie pales in enjoyability. I could watch that fat little kid all day. What I can do without, is the gross kid, (you know which one I'm talking about.) I thought the angry girl was hilarious. But that's easy. Angry people are always hilarious. (Except when they're Zooey Deschanel. Why is that girl always angry? Play a different emotion, Zooey! But hey, at least the angry emotion is more interesting than Kristen Stewart's nothing-emotion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment