Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Big Hero Six

I've only heard good things about this movie. I want to leave it at that but I wont. You're not reading this to hear you're opinion, so here's mine.
I thought the characters were...

No. I can't do it. Here, SOME of the characters were great, (The brothers, and I love Baymax but only because YOU HAVE TO OR ELSE YOURE A MONSTER!) but really I've seen them each in Disney movies before. It was like the makers went to the closet and started pulling out the dusty characters from previous movies. They're so last season! And if you're going to go back into that closet at least come out with Olaf or Maximus!

Before I saw it I was told that Baymax dies. Even then I knew he'd be brought back! (He's a robot! Make 12 of 'em!) I knew the bad guy wasn't who we were supposed to think he was, so obviously he'd be the dead guy. (He wears a mask for a reason. If he was the obvious bad guy he wouldn't have been in a mask. Masks are ALWAYS for the audience and they ALWAYS cover up that we already know said person or that said person is a girl when we think she's a dude.) 

 It took forever to get going. They should have offed the brother in the first ten minutes. (We didn't get attached. We saw the previews and knew it was coming!) And the dialog! NOBODY says "We're alone now because our parents died, remember?" (Or whatever the exact phrasing was.) Of course YOU remember! If that was said for our benefit then don't you think we FIGURED THAT OUT WITHOUT YOUR HELP? They live with their aunt! OBVIOUSLY we're gonna assume their parents died.

**breathes**

Okay, maybe I'm angry at the movie because I had just finished formatting a play for someone and it reminded me of the dialog. "Remember...." OF COURSE HE REMEMBERS!"  Or maybe I'm mad at the movie because I was expecting something... I don't know, because it was honestly exactly what I was expecting.
The thing is, I don't hate it. I sound like I do, but I don't. I just, as Rosalie Hale puts it, don't particularly like it.

I wouldn't even say that! I'd say it was all right, (while secretly repeating everything I just wrote.)

No comments:

Post a Comment