Monday, December 10, 2012

Movie Batman Love Interests

We can go off forever about the different Batmans, but let's go off about their ladies instead, just for kicks.

If we go all the way back to the 60's we can start with Miss Kitka/Catwoman. I love how dense Bruce Wayne is, and how he can solve Riddler's many riddles, but cannot figure out that his lady-friend is Catwoman! Anyway, I love this Catwoman, (right,) or Dorkas as she's known in 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.

Travel ahead a few years to the wee early 90's and we get Vicki Vale, (left.) I have nothing against Kim Bassinger, and I LOVED Vicki Vale when I was a kid, but the last time I tried to watch Batman I wanted to cut my ears off with a toothpick I was so annoyed by her constant screams! And, apart from dreaminess, and blondeness, I couldn't figure out why Batman AND Joker liked her so much.

Let's move on to Batman Returns's Catwoman, Michelle Pfeiffer, (right.) I like her just fine, although she's a little literal. Let's move on again.

We come to Nicole Kidman's Chase Meridian, (below,) in Batman Forever. This isn't the greatest role Nicole Kidman ever played. She spouts a bunch of one-liners and miraculously decides she prefers Bruce Wayne over Batman... which kinda doesn't matter.... Anyway, it's a forgettable role.

Then we get the world's worst movie, Batman and Robin, and our love interest is some super model we see with Bruce Wayne. I don't remember if she has a name or not, nor should I. But we also have to suffer with Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy, (below.) If this were Uma's only role, I would hate her lousy guts! This is her worst acting job EVER, and to be fair, that's probably because she knew the script was stupid and couldn't take the job seriously. However, this woman is just the worst!

Now let's move on to something else that's also "the worst." Katie Holmes's Rachel, (left,) in Batman Begins. Personally, I think Katie was cast because she was in the news a lot that year. She had just married Tom, or they had just had a baby, or whatever, but for whatever reason, she was in the tabloids a lot, and... I guess that made her resume shining or something. As it is though, I don't believe a word Katie says, especially when she has to act like she's talking on the phone. And I don't believe she's an Assistant DA. I think at most she might be a coffee deliverer to the DA.

Then we have the "other" Rachel, a much more talented Rachel, Maggie Gyllenhaal, (right.) She's so much better than Katie Holmes that it's hard to find fault with her at all!

Lastly, we have another Catwoman, (left.) I've already filled you in on how much I hate Anne Hathaway but like her a lot in this role/movie. I hope I like her in Les Miz.

1 comment:

  1. Boone- that first picture isn't Julie Newmar (aka Dorcas) it's Lee Meriweather who played Catwoman in the 1960s Batman movie! And don't forget, Eartha Kitt also played Catwoman in the 1960s. Otherwise, great post!

    ReplyDelete