Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Monsters University

I've never seen Revenge of the Nerds, but apparently MU takes its plot from that movie. Apparently so does House Bunny, which I regrettably HAVE seen. (Note: the only good movie starring Anna Faris is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.)

But I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. It avoided one over-used under-dog mechanic, and traded it in for a less-used one, making the movie way less predictable. (SPOILER: When they were nearing the end of the Scare Games, it was time for the movie to introduce a Billy Madison style disqualification. The fat wrestler comes out and gives a reason why the team should be disqualified. And while this KIND of happened, it didn't happen until later, and Sully's confession brought it on, not a fat wrestler... although Sully IS really big.)

I loved this movie. I LOVED it. It was care-free, and ADORABLE. I'm glad we bought the digital copy so my son can watch it on our iPad on long car trips when he's a little older. I'm sure he'll love it.

I DID call that they were invited to that party to be Carried. And they totally were. (If you get a chance to Carrie someone, you have to take it... at least when making a movie.)

The purple guy what resembles a bridge is my favorite.

To quote Floyd, "I want to see it again!"



No comments:

Post a Comment