Friday, November 16, 2012

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part II

I hated the first Breaking Dawn, if you'll remember my blog entree. I never want to see that movie again, especially now that I'm 7 months pregnant. That's the last thing on my must-do list.

But I'm starting to sense a pattern with part ones and part two movies. The first one blows, and the second one rocks. When you think about it, it makes sense. The first half of a movie or of a book is all suck-town. Except for the first ten minutes. You watch the first ten minutes of a movie, they're building up this great life, then BAM something happens that shoves the protagonist into Suck-town. Now your protag gets to struggle and live in Suck-town until half way through the movie when he/she's suddenly like, "No, Suck-town, no!" and starts to fight back. Well, the rest of the novel or movie is great! THAT'S why when you cut a book in half the second part rocks. The last Harry Potter movie was the best one. Although I wouldn't apply this theory to Kill Bill. But that's different. Kill Bill flows a little differently than a cut-in-half book turned movie.

So, I'm trying to think of a way to describe how astonishing and surprising this movie is without giving it away. You've heard there's a surprise at the end, and THERE IS! Don't worry, if you've only read the book once and that was years ago, you'll still recognize the surprise. You'll say, "Wait a minute!" probably out loud, like I did.

And congrats to Kristen Stewart for showing an emotion! Who knew!

We all know Twilight movies are little guilty pleasures, like little Lindt chocolates. They're not good for you, but they're just so much fun. This movie certainly does not disappoint its fans.... Notice the optimal word here is FANS! Guess what 20-year-old bro sitting behind me, nobody's surprised you're upset that it's a romance! I think the previews do an all right job of getting across what the movie is going to be like, so the fact that you wanted it to be more like Braveheart really doesn't interest anybody. And as my brother put it, bagging on Twilight is old hat. (He might not have use the phrase "old hat," and I'm not sure why I used it either.... I am however sure of why I use a lot of periods.... I like them....)

But that baby was freaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment