Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Fight Between Good and Evil



How do people rave about Salt, yet hate Dinner for Schmucks? This notion confounds and confuses my husband and me.

Why Salt was a disaster film:
What's my favorite word? No, not tacky... SLOPPY! My cute little make-believe puppy, Alfred, could have shot a better film. You know that part where they're in the air plane talking, then they cut to the air plane taking off, then they cut back to them talking... ummm, what's the point of that? I'll tell you the point of that... oh wait, no, there is no point, it's just sloppy.

If you felt that the movie completely surprised you, then I don't know what to tell you. It was completely predictable. The major thing they should have changed is to let the audience in. Tell us, "Hey, she's (SPOILER) innocent and this is her plan." Because... we already know her plan. Uck, I hate it when movies think they're fooling you. "Didn't see that coming, did ya!?" Well, actually, everyone saw it coming.


Why Dinner for Schmucks wins the battle:
It was cute. It was funny. It had Steve Carell and it wasn't Evan Almighty. Oh! And it had Roy from The IT Crowd. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment