Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hotel Transylvania

What do you expect from an animated film?

I'll tell ya, I kind of expect a lot. I grew up in a wonderful era of amazing cartoons like Batman: The Animated Series, and Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King, and now we have creative and cute movies like How to Train Your Dragon, Shrek, and Despicable Me.

So when a seemingly cute movie comes along, has an adorable niche, and could be fun and interesting, I'm pretty pissed off when it's boring, un-creative, and lacking. Oh my gosh; I was so bored!

The film student part of me will tell you that the movie couldn't decide if it wanted Mavis (Dracula's daughter,) or Dracula to be the protagonist. The story-line was slacking, and they inserted filler where there should have been plot development. While the rest of me will just tell you that it wasn't as cute as it could have been... at all.

A few twists and tweaks could have made this movie phenomenal. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment