Friday, September 14, 2012

Finding Nemo (in 3D!) & Announcing the Winner of Boonie's Best Pixar Film!

I haven't seen this movie in 3D, but that doesn't mean I haven't seen this movie. I'm not sure, but I don't THINK this is one of those movies where you haven't seen it unless you've seen it in 3D! I mean, be with the break giving!

So, Finding Nemo is a long movie. At times it's like, "Find this kid already!" But at times, oh, there is laughter! Then there's the classic 1/2 hour Pixar climax, (The Nightmare Before Christmas's climax lasted about 3 seconds, and should have taken notes, except it came out WAY before Pixar films.) During these long, agonizingly suspenseful climaxes I have to remind myself, "It'll all be okay. It's Pixar." Then I can get through them without screaming, or needing to leave due to anxiety.

Compared to other Pixar films, I like Finding Nemo more than Up or the gosh-awful-preachy-as-all-sin Wall-E. I actually like Finding Nemo quite a bit, but I never, ever watch it because it's depressing! I got panic attacks from reading, Are You My Mother as a child; this movie is just one long Are You My Mother. But it's super, uber cute.

However the award for Boonie's Best Pixar Film goes to Toy Story II. (NO, not III. I know, you can't believe it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment